This is an excerpt from the letter of Cardinal:
After careful consideration and having taken advice I am now writing to say that while we are in Alert Level 2, it is permissible to continue weekday Masses and Masses on Saturday morning from this Wednesday 19 August. However, the following must be adhered to:
- Keep the social distance of two meters in each direction, and if needed the number of people present must be restricted to allow this to happen.
- The ability to track and trace MUST be available, either electronically or manually.
- Hand sanitiser must be available.
- Communion is to be the Body of Christ only and it is only to be received on the hand.
- There is to be NO sign of peace and NO holy water.
Parishes should be ready to reintroduce Sunday Mass as soon as we go to Alert Level 1. If we stay at Alert Level 2, Sunday Masses will not be celebrated in the Archdiocese, as in many parishes it is very difficuly to ensure that only 100 people are present and to keep the necessary safety precautions in place.